Check out our Recipe of the Month – Ginger Chicken and asparagus parcel
A quick, simple and delicious dinner recipe! Perfect for a dinner party or an relaxed night in.
Weight loss is a journey made up of many components; exercise, psychology, support networks, but 80% comes from your nutrition – what you eat. Many people find changing their dietary habits hard and often don’t know where to start but here at NuYu we want you to know that although at times it’s tough and you may feel like giving up, improving your nutrition is definitely possible absolutely worth it.To help you get started we have put together some tips and tricks that will help improve your diet and will definitely have you heading toward success.
300g Skinless Chicken Breast – halved lengthways
12 pieces snow peas
8 pieces asparagus spears
4 Chinese cabbage leaf blanched
50g Brown Rice
1 clove chopped garlic
10g grated ginger
20ml Low Salt Soy Sauce,
20g Ketjap Manis,
20ml Rice Wine Vinegar
1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
40g chopped green shallot
20g Sesame seeds, raw
- Cook Brown rice by absorption method. Portion evenly into Dariole moulds.
- Combine dressing ingredients. Marinate chicken with half the dressing.
- Steam chicken till cooked. Cut into 2 at an angle.
- Blanch cabbage leaf.
- Place snow peas and asparagus in centre of leaf and roll into a parcels making 2 parcels for 1 serve.
- Place on tray. Steam parcel until vegetables are cooked.
- Place parcel on centre of plate.
- Place chicken on a slant so half of it sits on the parcel and the other half on the plate.
- Place rice timbale on the top left hand side of the plate.
- Drizzle the dressing around. Garnish with shallots and sesame seeds.